Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dear Baby...Girl (4/24/2012)

There aren't words to describe how I felt when I found out we were having a girl. On one hand, all I thought to myself before the ultrasound was "please be a boy". But there were secret tears of joy when finding out that in fact, we would be adding a little girl to the family. It's not that we didn't want a girl. I love being a girl. But I also know the challenges of what it means to grow up as a girl and I don't wish a lot of those experiences on any little girl as she grows. I know we're going to do our best to be there for you, love you, remind you of how beaufiul and special you are and not, in any way, contribute to any of your insecurities. However, that's not what added to my nervousness. Parenthood is hard. And lets face it, having another boy gave me the false assumption that we would know what to expect. I hear how each child is so different and as I look at me and my siblings, the differences would attest that boy or girl, I'd probably be starting from scratch all over again anyway. So after a few weeks of finding out and many purchases of beautiful little girl baby items later, I'm so very excited. I see it in your dad's face too. Along with the fear that shines through with the realization, there is a level of glow when we talk about you. He's a good Dad. I wouldn't matter what you are or would have been. We'll love you anyway. My heart patters at the excitement of meeting you.
I love you.

Until Next Time!
love, mama

No comments:

Post a Comment