Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dear Matty...It's been a fun year!

It's been a long year since I've posted last to you. It's been a fun year...no scratch that...it's been an amazing year! You have grown and changed so much that I am starting to lose sight of whether or not you have changed more or if I have.  I can't believe the amount of knowledge you are capable of. It's a challenge every day to ensure I'm giving you all that I possibly can to help you learn and experience as much as you are capable of. Even though I am a busy, working mother frequently away from the home, you are always on my mind. Everything I do, I do for you and our family.  Everyday I'm working harder to be able to spend more time with you and be there for you whenever you need me. Just know that you will always be my priority over work. I hope that I've shown you that over the past year as well. I think we started 2011 off right when we settled into our new home just down the street from G-ma & G-pa.  More so when, I took my first sabbatical from work and spend two glorious months basking in our perfect spring weather to take frequent walks at the zoo and teach you not to be scared of the slide. Our simple life together gives me such joy.  My favorite part of the year is when we all took an extended vacation in California. You were such a trooper the long days at the Safari Park, the Zoo and Disneyland! Nothing gives me more pleasure than to see you enjoying the same things I enjoy doing, especially when they're together. Daddy and I also took a long vacation on our own to Europe. Then and there we decided that these early years are too precious to spend away from you for an extended period of time. I'm so glad we learned that when you were still too young to remember us doing that to you.







Already, you are a glorious two. Everything about you screams 2 both good and bad. Even the bad is a constant reminder that you are going through the motions of your emotions and we'll work through all of this together.  I'll promise to (try) enjoy every emotion you experience. I look forward to an even better 2012. Be a good boy. Santa is coming!
I love you. Everyday. Forever.
Until next time.
love,
mama

No comments:

Post a Comment