These last couple of months have brought so much joy and has made me grow as a person, as a woman, as a wife and especially as a mom. I think all mom's question whether they'll be or are a good mom, but I do know that we do our best to do our best. Your independence astounds me. At nine months particularly, I saw you completely transform from this baby into a little man. You explore and wonder and learn new things every day. I can't keep up with what you are going to do next and all of us are excited when we witness something and can't wait to share it with the other. You're walking. I've never felt so much pride and get teary watching your excitable face while you walk towards me. I know it's a matter of days (maybe weeks) before I have to chase you everywhere. You crawl faster than I can run already so I've been running up and down my stairs at work to build my endurance. I'll be ready for you.
I have to admit I feel daily failure. Sometimes I have to turn away to laugh as you purposely (but gently) bonk your head against the nearest hard surface when you get frustrated. I never laugh when you hit me, Daddy or G-ma. I'm reading and learning that it's not all that uncommon but why does my perfect baby have to be one of them? It makes me feel so defeated. I hope it's just a stage that you have to go through until we can all learn a way to communicate your emotions a little better. I love you more everyday so I know that will help.
On a more positive note, you are absolutely wonderful at being adorable. You give the best hugs and kisses in the world. Everyone who sees you in the store compliments just how cute you are. I have to admit that both Daddy and I agree!!! How can you not when we capture moments like this?






No comments:
Post a Comment