You may not remember but I spoke often to you about this time of year and though often about the fun we were going to have since we were expecting you. As the beginning of my favorite season embarked and as I ebbed my way into my last month of pregnancy with you, I chatted about the joy I feel when this time of year comes around. Most of the time I have to hide my disappointment that the only thing about our Halloween decorations you care about is the wreath on the door. I'll take what I can get. But honey baby, this is your first Halloween and that is something so exciting! My gut is still churning at the fact that I didn't bring you to work's annual Trick-or-Treat event being (surprisingly) that there were plenty of children your age. Here I thought you were too young to go trick-or-treating. Boo on mommy. But, I think this is just a small taste of the many things I think you are "too young" for because I'm a mom and that's just what I'm going to do I guess.
It's so fun to have something to look forward to immediately after Halloween comes and goes in a blink of an eye. However, in making plans for your birthday, especially with sharing your special day with G-Ma, I never in one bazillion years thought it would be so hard to plan. Daddy is in school, G-Ma is going out of town (though she did change her plans to actually be here on your birthday), and everyone else's birthday around and in between... sigh. I hope it's still something very special. I truly hope that the mishap with the birthday invitations is no indicator either dang it. It'll be special, I promise. I can't believe we're less then two weeks away from your big first birthday. OH woe is me! Until next time.
xoxo-mama
p.s. You're my favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment