Our Family

Our Family

Friday, July 30, 2010

Dear Matty...Your infectious laughter, combat crawling and uber screaming

I can't believe how long it's been since my last post.  Our life is filled with tons of fun since you came along.  Though some days it's montonous, I think the routine of it all excites you.  It helps us understand what you like/dislike, what you recognize and what scares you. It's been so fun to see how quickly you learn.  Babies are, in all honesty, little Einsteins in their own right. I am fully convinced you know far more than me and everything looks brighter through your eyes. I am fulfilled everyday by the simple pleasure of you testing your waters, waiting to see how we'll react when you make your way to that book, the blu-ray player or Blue's tail.  Every day is a new adventure because we're waiting by to know what you will learn and what else you will do that we've never seen before.  I sure would like to be in that brain of yours but just being around you takes me back to a much simpler time and much lovlier place. The adventure of life begins when you are impacted so much by a beautiful little, brilliant baby.  I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to be the parent you expect at all times but what I do know is that in 8 short months, you've changed our lives around. You've learned to get things you want ON YOUR OWN, you've learned how to communicate with us, you've learned to sit on your own, eat like a big kid, sing, dance, laugh hysterically, cry at the appropriate times, about your fingers and toes, the colors of the world, that Blue really does exist and looks nothing like you, mom or dad so you must pull his tail...the list could go on forever. It's simply delightful and amazing.  I am so afraid that I won't always be able to remember these days; the first time you called me mom, your first words; but I know that I don't want to miss a thing.  I'm not sure how advanced our world will be by the time you are old enough to read this but I assume that the web, in some aspect will still be around and anything that I write today can be converted over and preserved just as our "family slides" (now "family DVD's").  With this in mind, I've decided to dedicate a blog to you to capture the milestones before I forget them and as they're happening. I'm calling it "The Adventures of Matty. ok...some of my misadventures too" .  More importantly, I want to capture the way each of these milestones has made me felt so that I am not able to forget.  I love you my son.  Not only because your laughter is infectious but because I love chasing your around as you combat crawl through our house and even when your piercing scream echoes through the halls.

Until next time.
love, mama

No comments:

Post a Comment