Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dear Matty...Born To Be Your Mama

You are now 4months, 3weeks and 1 day old. I was so lucky to spend 4months and 1 whole week with you before I had to go back to work. For exactly two weeks, I have missed your precious face staring in wonderment at all the new surroundings on our many walks around the neighborhood, to the nearby shopping or through the zoo. We've been so lucky to catch Daddy when he was home at any time of day (something very rare these days) and to spend so much time with friends and especially G-Ma (which has really helped the transition from spending your days with me to spending them with Grandma).
Over the last 4 months, I have grown certain of the fact that there is nothing I wouldn't do to stop you from crying; the fact that I am amazed at the little things you do that remind me of Daddy and even myself at times; and most especially of the fact that I now know a love I didn't know existed. I know that all of these things were not immediate but they are certain. I even vividly remember the day that I came to realize each of these things. I am so lucky to have you. You are everything we never knew we always wanted. I love watching you and Daddy together and how natural it all seems for him as well. You just fit. You will always be the first for both of us. These experiences are something we'll never have with your brothers and/or sisters. You have been so patient with us as we've learned to work through your different cries and different needs and different laughs and different coo's. I'll promise to be patient with you now that you've found your lovely, girly scream (thanks to your cousin Brooklyn). Mostly it's just fun to watch you mimick and be so interested in what we're doing. You're the smartest little boy alive!!
We were meant to be your parents and didn't know what we've been missing all along. I love you and as I write this, I miss you.
p.s. You are incredibly handsome!

love, mama

2 comments:

  1. Wow - he is so adorable and precious! I wish I could hold him myself! Hopefully my little one will be here sooner than later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you are feeling and Robby was the baby that taught me these truths. We look forward to watching Matty and your sweet family grow. Love you Gramma

    ReplyDelete