Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dear Baby...Our little secret

Today marks day 3, I repeat, DAY 3, that I haven't felt like my stomach is in a constant swim. I've never been one to be seasick but if there's anything I can compare it to, it's that. I am more than thankful to not have to work through constant nausea. Unfortunately, I am not able to shout at the top of the 4th floor and share the news of your coming arrival to any of my co-workers yet. So my drop in body temperature and the constant greenish tint to my face in recent weeks, has left those that know me really well slightly suspicious. However, I am very proud at my constraint thus far. I almost feel like I have my own inside joke. I must confess, there is one person that knows and she loves the secret as well. We have our own little giggle party when we talk about our little secret. Our annual giggle came today when I was told I have a glow today, for the first time. I love being a secret giggler.

Did you know that today marks my 11th week? We still have a lot of time to go but the adventure has proven itself a fun one. I have to share the irony in the multitude of comments made about my wonderful recent weight loss. Say what? Isn't that the exact opposite of what should be happening? I think I just may be able to keep this secret safe until late May afterall. Angels are smiling down on me. What woman doesn't dread the growing back/frontside comments that come along with pregnancy?

I consider myself one of the luckiest people in the world right now. I look thinner, I have a glow, I'm no longer green and I've been blessed with you, the most beautiful gift of all. Oh happy day!

Until next time.
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment