We just got back from 5 days camping in Florence, AZ with Daddy and Grandma. Though not too many people would call Country Thunder relaxing, I'd say we did plenty of that. We were far enough away from the stresses of work to enjoy the wonderful outdoors, computer free! It left a lot of time for napping, walking and meaningful conversation; especially about the woes and fears of my pregnancy and life thereafter. Grandma was so tolerant of all of my questions about what to do, how I feel, what about this and that....
In my opinion, Grandma was a wonderful Mother. I find myself wondering how she did it. I'm worried about one child and she virtually raised three on her own. She tirelessly tries to convince me that it all comes naturally once you hold your baby and reminds me that I have a full nine months to prepare for you. I look at it as I only have 30 weeks left! So, even through many of the same conversations and knowing I was still fretting over bridges uncrossed, she still took the time to repeat herself and share her motherly knowledge from cloth diapers and feeding habits to dealing with feeling like a failure (I can't even imagine what would make her ever question failure?). I spend so much time with Grandma that many people don't ever understand or ever feel lucky enough to have that kind of relationship with their Mom's. I hope I carry on that tradition with you. It won't be for lack of trying.
She kept telling me how excited she was to spend time with you. She's already plotting to move us closer or her move closer herself. Honestly, she doesn't live that far but who doesn't love the excitement? You're one lucky kid to have so many people waiting to meet you.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment