Hello precious. Today was the best day I've had since finding out we were going to be welcoming you into our life. I met our new, lovely, quirky doctor. Her name is Dr. McNeal. She'll probably be the first person you see in your new world. There will never be words to describe the relief and happiness I felt when Dr. McNeal pointed out everything I think I should be seeing during our quick ultrasound today. Ok, I must confess that you still look somewhat of a blob but I tried really hard to see what she was seeing. One thing was unmistakable; the much anticipated pitter patter of your little growing heart. After weeks of having doubt that you were, as my previous doctor called you, "an empty gestational sac", I feel that the weeks of nausea have
proven themselves more than worth every second. I think I would have worried anyway because I am a worrier by nature (something I hope NOT to pass on to you). Now I have met you and my world has now changed. I couldn't get home fast enough to show your Daddy your very first pictures. I wish I had a camera to capture the excitement I saw in his eyes but moments like that are too precious to capture and so, I will keep the image imprinted in my heart forever. I love him a little more today. I can't wait to see what you look like as you grow. For now, you are my precious and most beautiful little blob. Love,
Mama
I Love your baby letters!
ReplyDelete