Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dear Baby...and your astro peeing


Ok, so so funny. First, time travel back a couple of days to Saturday night. As we're sitting with friends on an abnormally cool summer evening, Daddy and I were having a rather interesting conversation about potty practices of babies in the womb. As a side note, mere hours before this conversation happened, we bought our new handy iPhones. Well, Daddy bought me one for my birthday and then one for himself for my birthday as well. iPhones are all the rage in technology today but I'm sure will be obsolete and something to laugh at 20 years from now. However, I digress...as we pull out our nifty phones we proceed to Google potty habits in the womb and quickly learned the answer to our question. Thankfully what we learned was better than both of our minds envisioned. Why we had this conversation is beyond me but interesting none the less.


Now, fast forward to Monday morning while at our follow up testing appointment from our scary Wednesday appointment. AND YAY! I got to see another sneak peek of you, you little wiggle bug. Thanks for staying still enough for the millisecond it takes to freeze somewhat of a decent picture of you for keeps.
Luckily we were checking for icky things like an in tact placenta that doesn't move near as much as you (unless your foot actually catches it in the middle of one of your many kicks). Here's where it gets really interesting...me and our friendly tech, Xiangbing, are busy checking everything out and we pass by your little "area" where we are lucky enough to see my first astro-pee first hand. To be honest, I don't love thinking of all the potty breaks you take while inside of me but to see it first hand gave me and Xiangbing quite a laugh. Honestly, we tried to take pictures of it but failed miserably. I'm sure the laughter and the whole visual process made it slightly impossible to keep steady enough to get a good shot. Who can forget a picture of your son, inside your stomach, quite honestly looking like shooting at the moon? It'll be a great blackmail picture someday. Today, it proves to be a photo that makes me laugh. So, I share with the rest of my friends, my rather inappropriate images of our little son having all sorts of fun in my belly.


Kick on kicky kickerton! We still have a couple of months to go, you're already over two pounds, measuring on target and I'm sure will come out skipping.

Until next time.
Love,
mama

No comments:

Post a Comment