I will not be cliché and say "where has the time gone" as so many people do. I have never fully understood that phrase anyway. I do consistently hear how parents spend months preparing for their baby's arrival only to turn a corner and find they're attending their wedding. I'm not sure how I feel about it being a full 32 weeks since February when we spent one of the best vacations of our lives never knowing you'd be the biggest thing that would come out of it. I'm not sure if I feel that the time has gone by too fast, too slow or just at the right pace? I'm not too sure of anything these days outside of the fact that I know I'm always tired, a bit less tolerant and definitely laugh at near nothing on many occasions. I may be borderline losing my mind but I blame that on the unfamiliarity of the testosterone. ha-ha. I am sure that the past 32 weeks has been more productive than I ever remember being. Our house is turning more into a home as we use storage spaces and offices as guest rooms and nurseries. Our priorities have shifted from enjoying each other and travelling to enjoying each other and basking in the quiet. I've fully convinced myself that the to-do list we have will cover everything possible to prepare for your arrival just as I know you are probably laughing at me as I type. Regardless, between you and me, I love seeing your dad so motivated. I for sure know that I love that every day your dad pats my tummy and asks you if you are behaving yourself. I also know that as time gets closer, the more real this feels and definitely the more excited we get. Doubts have seemed to dissipate one by one all by themselves. Or, they've just become less important and less of a focus to leave room for the glow and the excitement of the fact you will be here in two short months. I daydream about what you'll look like. I guess I'll be finding out soon enough.
Until next time.
love, mama
No comments:
Post a Comment