Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dear Baby...10 things (lovingly renamed as suggested)

It's been 3 weeks since my last post to you. This last stretch is by far the most stressful but has had many joyful moments. First, what was Uncle Bert thinking? He was thinking, this project is taking too long so I'm going to do a good job only until I don't feel like doing the job anymore. So, that left Daddy with a big clean up project to do but what a job he did. Second, this house is too small. Way too small. And I can't stress that enough. Third, I got a work release to work from home every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. That's been awesome! And haven't you shown how much happier it's made you! Fourth, what was supposed to be a gradual ease into a smooth transition period has turned into complete chaos and way too much last minute panic. You wouldn't know we were planners. Oh how I'm going to need to remind myself not to let the stress get to me. We want you cooking to full term young man. Fifth, what started out as constant mockery of your chosen name has turned into a thousand and one compliments. "What a strong name he's going to have to fit such an amazing little boy." That's just a highlight. Sixth, what a wonderful first shower we had. I have some pretty amazing co-workers to throw us such a memorable event. I realize with all the items I need for you, I anticipate the gifts so much and glad Gramma took the time to drag me all over the place to register. We are both so lucky we have so much support and so many people waiting to meet you (p.s. 40 home made Thank You's are a lot of work). Seventh, we got the most comfortable chair and I can tell you already love to rock in it. Thanks Gramma and Grampa H. Blue may find his way into it yet...once he's done making sure it's not a big monster waiting to get him. Not too sure the pic does it justice though...
Eighth, it's fall! We went from 100+ degree weather, to the 80's in one very short week. Of course, we'll still see our 90 degree peaks but it's AZ and it's cooler and beautiful at night. That brings us to ninth, it's Halloweeeeeen time. Even if it gets to 90 degrees and feels like other state's summers, my decorations and the feeling this time of year beg to differ.
Tenth, you and I have had 35 weeks of being a perfect little team together. Most of our time is spent preparing for you. I can tell that Daddy is excited and that makes me more excited which makes him more excited and on and on. We know how much we have to do to get ready for you but we also know we only get our first born once in our entire life so we have to remind each other to enjoy every moment.
Until next time.
love, mama

No comments:

Post a Comment