I was quickly reminded of how little I see people I'd rather see more often. I am not sure which I enjoyed more. The shower itself, or the quiet time I spent with those that lingered and I was actually able to spend quality time with. The blocks and the creativity that came with them the more the night went on was a memory I'll cherish. One word: Entomology. It might be too long to make your first word but we can try.
I guess the only pitfall to the whole day was that I ruined Grandma's favorite rocking chair with all of my sweatiness. Thankfully you and I are just not overly sweaty people as we found out Grandma's a/c broke on a record breaking 102 degree day. But we were champs, got through all of our fun gifts and when things calmed down, Daddy was able to come back and enjoy all the yummy food too.
Grandma and Grandpa refinished your Great, Great Grandmother's dresser for you. They stained the whole thing to match all of your other furniture in your room. Amazingly, the furniture isn't a set but the subtleties of each of the peices match perfectly. You got LOTS of airplane stuff. Daddy and I vow not to force you into liking airplanes as much as Daddy unless you choose. Thankfully some of our friends threw in a couple of animal outfits too otherwise you'd think I was already lying. Blue thought the clothes with doggies were his and pouted a little when he found out they were all for brother.


After we got home and unpacked all of our new goodies, I sat in your room staring, contemplating, daydreaming and trying to envision how it was all going to come together. I have to admit that I mostly felt defeated. Then, Daddy came to find me and sat in there with me running through the same emotions. He also gave me interpretable instructions not to go around moving everything while he was at work the next day. However, we had too productive a morning in his absence as we spent it getting through everything, washing, hanging, moving and decorating. Two long days later, your nursery is finally a dream. It's exactly the way we never knew we wanted it to look like.
A weekend of sore feet, a sore back, a lot of laundry, hammering and moving have all prepared us for the best of all yet to come next month, your arrival! If Auntie has her way, we'll see you on the 8th. I have to admit that 3 weeks feels like a long ways away when you are anticipating something so much.
Until next time.
Love, mama
After we got home and unpacked all of our new goodies, I sat in your room staring, contemplating, daydreaming and trying to envision how it was all going to come together. I have to admit that I mostly felt defeated. Then, Daddy came to find me and sat in there with me running through the same emotions. He also gave me interpretable instructions not to go around moving everything while he was at work the next day. However, we had too productive a morning in his absence as we spent it getting through everything, washing, hanging, moving and decorating. Two long days later, your nursery is finally a dream. It's exactly the way we never knew we wanted it to look like.
A weekend of sore feet, a sore back, a lot of laundry, hammering and moving have all prepared us for the best of all yet to come next month, your arrival! If Auntie has her way, we'll see you on the 8th. I have to admit that 3 weeks feels like a long ways away when you are anticipating something so much.
Until next time.
Love, mama
Entomology. I give him until he's two years-old to say it and spell it :) He'll bee a genius!
ReplyDelete